15 hour & 30 hour funded places
Nursery provision from 8.45am to 3.15pm, with wraparound care available.
What will St Aelred’s Nursery provide for your child?
- Highest standards of care and education led by an experienced, qualified teacher along with skilled teaching assistants.
- New, high-quality outdoor learning environment where children can explore, play and learn, together.
- Bright, spacious indoor area where children can build positive relationships, feel safe and thrive.
- A rich variety of activities cater for children’s interests, stimulate their learning, and ensure they have fun.
- St Aelred’s Nursery is integrated into the School’s Early Years provision, which supports children with developing their readiness for school and transitioning easily into Reception.
If you would like to visit St Aelred’s to see our fantastic nursery for yourself, please phone the school office on 01904 806 075
St Aelred’s Nursery is part of our Early Years provision. Nursery and Reception Class each have their own base, but they also share our spacious EYFS setting. This ensures that there is access to a variety of indoor and outdoor activities; that Nursery children flourish as Reception pupils are positive role-models; and that there is an easy transition to starting school.
We seek to build positive relationships with parents so that we get to know your child as an individual and so that we can work in effective partnership with you, in helping your child to learn and develop. As well as informal day-to-day communication, we use Tapestry for keeping parents informed of their child’s progress. We will invite parent and carers to a ‘focus child’ parents’ meeting termly and children receive an end-of-year report before stating school.
As part of St Aelred’s school, Nursery children benefit from what school has to offer including joining in with events such as sports day, Christmas celebrations and performances; themed days and week such as Earth Day activities; use of school facilities such as our playing field.